Топик Sorry, Wrong Number
- Mrs. Stevenson is a wealthy, nervous woman who constantly thinks that she is sick. She is married to Mr. Stevenson, but he is rarely at home and she gets lonely. In recent years, her telephone has become her best friend. One evening she picks up the telephone to make a call and accidentally overhears two men planning the murder of a woman. They have been hired by the woman’s husband to kill her at midnight just as the train is passing by so that no one will hear scream.
- When Mrs. Stevenson hears this conversation, she is very upset and decides that she must try to help the unfortunate woman who will be murdered. She first calls the police. They receive many joke calls each night and don’t believe that this one is real.
- After the reaction of the police, Mrs. Stevenson is terribly nervous. She calls the hospital to ask them if they will send a nurse. The receptionist at the hospital is used to Mrs. Stevenson’s calls and doesn’t think that she really needs a nurse.
- Mrs. Stevenson begins to get more desperate. She simply must prevent that woman’s murder! She calls the police once more. This time they are more convinced by her story and promise to do something about the planned murder.
- The time is approaching midnight. Mrs. Stevenson is thinking about the woman who will be murdered. At midnight, the rain passes her house and there is a scream. The phone rings. It is the police calling for Mrs. Stevenson. Someone picks up the phone rings. It is the police calling for Mrs. Stevenson. Someone picks up the phone and says, “Sorry, wrong number.”
Список слов к топику Sorry, Wrong Number
accidentally – случайно
murder – убийство
to be hired by – быть нанятым кем-то
scream – крик, вопль
receptionist – диспетчер
desperate – безнадежный, отчаянный
Главная / Топики / Почта - Телефония /Sorry, Wrong Number